DERMAL FILLERS (eg. Juvederm, Restylane®, Perlane®)
- For one week before treatment, please avoid the following medications that may increase the risk of bleeding and/or bruising: Aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Aleve, Naprosyn, Excedrin (all OTC pain pills except Tylenol), Vit. E, Vit.A (RetinA, Renova, Tretinoin, Tazorac, Differin, Triluma), Gingko Biloba, Omega-3 fatty acids, cod liver oil, CoQ10, garlic and ginger.
- If you are taking any blood-thinning medications as per doctor’s orders (such as Coumadin, Warfarin, Plavix, Lovenox),do not discontinue without first consulting the prescribing physician. If you continue to take these medications the chances of developing an injection-related hematoma (blood clot) which can leave a dark spot if it becomes entrapped in the filler implant is higher. The dark spot may remain until the filler is naturally dissolved.
- Do not drink any alcohol 24-48 hours before treatment as this may also increase the risk of bleeding and/or bruising.
- Do not schedule any social events for the next 3-7 days as you may have bruising and/or swelling lasting this long or longer. You can cover up bruising with makeup.
- Arrive for your appointment wearing no makeup if possible. You will be able to apply makeup after your treatment although we recommend waiting at least 24 hrs.