Over time our body looses collagen, elastin, fat, and hyaluronic acid causing our skin to sag. Due to the above changes we begin to lose that youthful appearance in our skin. Dermal fillers such as Juvederm®, Voluma® are used to correct the above changes in areas such as your laugh lines to help restore that youthful appearance. Dermal fillers are also used to enhance certain areas of your face such as your lips and cheeks.
Dermal Fillers are made of Hyaluronic Acid (HA) which is a naturally occurring, hydrating substance found in your skin. As you age, you start to lose HA, which causes the skin to lose structure and volume.
What are the areas typically treated by Dermal Fillers?
- Smile/Laugh lines- these are lines around the nose also know as the nasolabial folds. As we grow, we lose fat, crucial connective tissue components such as collagen/elastin and hyaluronic acid in this area which results in these deep folds and a more aged appearance. Dermal fillers such as Juvederm effectively reduce the appearance of these folds and give you a more natural appearance.
- Marionette Lines- hollowness in the angles of the mouth and these lines are corrected along with the above nasolabial folds.
- Lips- Dermal fillers are used to give lips more definition and plumpness.
- Cheek Enhancement- As we age, our cheeks begin to sag due to loss of fat, collagen/elastin, and hyaluronic acid. Juvederm is a wonderful way to restore those youthful full cheeks and give you those high cheek bones.
- Under-eye Hollowness or Sunken eyes- to restore the youthful appearance under the eyes and can also help with dark circles caused by the shadows created due to the hollowness itself.
- Nasal Asymmetry or bumps
Juvederm® Ultra/Ultraplus and Juvederm Voluma XC
Juvederm® Ultra and Ultraplus are one of the most widely used dermal fillers today. It is a gel like substance that contains hyaluronic acid which is a biodegradable substance found naturally in our bodies. It is often used for the nasolabial folds (smile lines), jowls and to enhance the lips, cheeks and chin. Juvederm is known to last anywhere from 6-12 months.
Anand Medical Spa is proud to now offer the new Juvederm Voluma XC!!!
What is JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC injectable gel?
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC injectable gel is the first and only filler FDA-approved to instantly add volume to the cheek area. It gives you a subtle lift, helping to restore contour and a more youthful profile, for up to 2 years, in patients over the age of 21. It’s different than JUVÉDERM® XC and works on a different area of the face. JUVÉDERM® XC smoothes out moderate to severe wrinkles and folds around the nose and mouth, like parentheses. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC, however, adds volume to the cheek area.
What else should you know about JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC?
- First and only Hyaluronic Acid (HA) filler FDA-approved to instantly add volume to the cheek area, resulting in a subtle lift
- Clinically proven to last up to 2 years with optimal treatment
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is from the makers of the #1 family of fillers
- After 24 hours, you should be able to resume your normal activities
- Side effects are moderate and generally last 2 to 4 weeks. Common side effects include temporary reactions at the treatment site such as tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching.
Please see our Dermal Filler Pre-Treatment Instructions prior to your visit
CONTACT us for a COMPLIMENTARY CONSULTATION