Aging is inevitable, but how well you age is up to you! Some of the major signs of aging are facial wrinkles, deep folds, sagging skin, volume loss including under-eye hollows, and thinning lips. Thanks to the advances in non-invasive cosmetic treatments such as dermal fillers, you can safely treat the signs of aging without the risks and downtime associated with surgery.
Differences between Juvéderm® Ultra XC and Juvéderm® Ultra Plus XC
While both Juvéderm® Ultra and Juvéderm® Ultra Plus are Hyaluronic Acid (HA) dermal fillers separated by just a single word, there are differences in the areas they are best suited to treat, and how long they last. Juvéderm® Ultra XC has a thinner consistency and generally lasts 6-12 months. For many people, Juvéderm® Ultra XC is the ideal treatment for the correction of mild to moderate superficial wrinkles, thinning lips and under eye volume loss. For those suffering from deeper, more prominent facial folds and significant volume loss, Juvéderm® Ultra Plus XC may be used to provide more dramatic results. Juvéderm® Ultra Plus has a thicker consistency, and can last up to one full year. Read more below for specifics on what filler is best for you:
Juvéderm® Ultra XC effectively treats and targets:
- Superficial wrinkles – If you have mild to moderate facial wrinkles (e.g. between the eyebrows/frown lines, forehead, midface, or chin) then Juvéderm® Ultra is the better option as it has a thinner consistency for rapid correction of these superficial issues. For fine lines around the mouth, our latest filler, Volbella is the ideal choice.
- Under Eye Hollows or Dark Circles – Juvéderm® Ultra can be used to restore under eye volume loss (tear trough deformities). In doing so, it can also reduce the appearance of under eye dark circles
- Scar Correction – The thinner consistency of Juvéderm® Ultra is better equipped at correcting the appearance of scars.
- Minor Lip Enhancement – Should you find yourself seeking a minor enhancement to your lips, Juvéderm® Ultra or Volbella is an excellent option. The finer molecules provide a silkiness that works best for a natural appearing lip enhancement.
Juvéderm® Ultra Plus XC effectively treats and targets:
- Deeper, more prominent wrinkles – Due to its thicker consistency, and deeper dermis placement, Juvéderm® Ultra Plus eradicates deeper smile lines (nasolabial folds), lines at the corner of your mouth (marionette lines) and moderate to severe facial volume loss. To restore volume loss in the cheeks or midface, Juvéderm® Voluma is the ideal solution.
- Significant Lip Enhancement – The ability to fill more effectively makes Juvéderm® Ultra Plus the better option for patients seeking a dramatic addition of volume to the lips.
- Loss of Facial Shape/Volume – Differing from Juvéderm® Ultra, Juvéderm® Ultra Plus is injected into the deeper layers of the skin, which is ideal for facial shaping. Eg. providing a more defined jawline and reduced jowling for men and women. Juvéderm Voluma® is also an excellent option for this.
- Nasal asymmetry or misalignment – Juvéderm® Ultra Plus can be used to achieve a 5-minute nose job for individuals looking to stay away from invasive facial plastic surgery.
During your consultation, our team will help you decide which type of Juvéderm® is best suited for your treatment. We will talk through the entire procedural overview, including the areas of injection and steps we take to ensure you are comfortable and safe.
Many of our patients choose Juvéderm® Ultra XC and Juvéderm® XC Plus treatment because they offer an immediate improvement with minimal downtime required post-treatment. Juvéderm® treatments take just minutes to administer and is custom tailored to fit your own personal needs, with more or less of the product added to achieve the aesthetic goals of the patient. The treatment is compatible with all skin types to restore the natural Hyaluronic Acid which has been lost. Both products are biosynthetic and of non-animal origin, meaning no testing will be required prior to administering the treatment.
Existing patients are pleased to report both Juvéderm® Ultra XC and Juvéderm® Ultra Plus XC produce immediate and youthful results. An instant result in the targeted treatment areas will be visible post-procedure, which complete results visible after 1-2 days. As with most dermal filler injections, minimal bruising and swelling may occur at the site of the injection. This is harmless and dissipates naturally within a few days.
Find yourself seeking total facial rejuvenation, but do not want the risks associated with surgery? Juvéderm® Ultra XC and Juvéderm® Ultra Plus XC are optimal dermal filler treatments for prospective patients over the age of 21 who would like to treat minimal to severe nasolabial folds, marionette lines, thinning lips and facial volume loss.
Patients with severe allergies to hyaluronic based fillers or lidocaine mixed in the filler, a history of anaphylaxis, an active infection near the site of injection and women who are currently pregnant and/or breastfeeding should not receive Juvéderm® Ultra XC or Ultra Plus XC injections. Dr. Chugh and her dedicated staff will review your medical history to determine if the treatment will be suitable for you.