There’s nothing less enjoyable than a painful, peeling sunburn after a long day out in the sun. Aside from being uncomfortable, sunburns are associated with the development of wrinkles and even skin cancer, due to skin damage from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
Anand Medical Spa, a preventative aging center that provides ladies in New York City with the best in aesthetic care, recommends these six simple tips for avoiding sunburns this summer:
- Stay out of the sun between peak hours of 10:00am and 4:00 pm.
- Use a sunscreen with broad spectrum coverage and an SPF of at least 30 to protect the uncovered areas of your body.
- Don’t forget key areas like the back of the ear, lips, back of the knee, elbow and feet. Use a lip balm with at least SPF 30 coverage to protect your lips.
- Wear a hat with at least a three inch brim all around. Baseball caps are not sufficient to cover the neck and ears from harmful UV rays, thus increasing the risk of skin cancer in those areas.
- Avoid sunscreen too close to the eyes. Instead, use sunglasses with UV protection. The sunglasses should block 99% to 100% of UVA and UVB rays. Check the label to make sure it says “UV absorption up to 400 nm” or “Meets ANSI UV Requirements.” Cosmetic lenses that are not labeled only block 70% of UV rays.
- Remember to reapply sunscreen every 2-3 hours or after swimming or sweating excessively. Ideally, wait half an hour after applying before exposing yourself to the sun.
Make sure to ask us about our Skinmedica Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen, a light non-comedogenic, PABA-free, and fragrance-free sunscreen which contains Zinc Oxide. This sunscreen is offered at a 20% discount as part of our Anti-aging package.
The Anand Medical Spa’s Anti-Aging Package is priced at $499, a product valued at $625. This fantastic package includes:
- Botox treatment up to 20 units ($320 value)
- Skinmedica Anti-aging Essential Serum ($260 value) which contains growth factors and 7 anti-oxidants to boost your collagen and keep you looking young.
- Skinmedica Daily Defense SPF 30 ($45 value)
For more information about how to stay safe from the sun this summer or to book an appointment to receive the Anti-Aging Package which expires 8/31 simply call us at (917) 746-2299!