If you plan to have a cosmetic treatment at Anand Medical Spa, we encourage you to read our pre-treatment instructions so you can be prepared for your treatment. This will help us provide you with a more pleasant experience and a quicker recovery.
BOTOX Pre-Treatment Instructions
- For one week before treatment, please avoid the following medications and supplements: Aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Aleve, Naproxen, Excedrin (all OTC pain pills except Tylenol), vitamin E, Vitamin A (Tretinoin, Retin-A, Renova, Differin, Tazorac, Triluma), Gingko Biloba, Omega-3 fatty acids, cod liver oil, CoQ10, garlic and ginger.
- Do not drink alcohol 24-48 hours before treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure to the area to be treated one week before treatment.
- Do not take ANY muscle relaxing medications (example: Soma or Flexeril) or sleep medications (eg. Ambien or Lunesta) at least 3-5 days before treatment.
Chemical Peel Pre-Treatment Instructions
1. ONE WEEK BEFORE YOUR SKINMEDICA PEEL AVOID THESE PRODUCTS OR PROCEDURES:
- Depilatory Creams
- Laser Hair Removal
- Patients who have had BOTOX injections should wait until full effect of their treatment is seen before receiving a SkinMedica Peel
2. THREE (3) DAYS BEFORE YOUR SKIN MEDICA PEEL AVOID THESE PRODUCTS AND/OR PROCEDURES:
- Retin-A, Renova, Differin, Tazorac, Lytera
- Any products containing retinol, alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA)
- Any exfoliating products that may be drying or irritating
*Note: The use of these products/treatments prior to your peel may increase skin sensitivity and cause a stronger reaction.
3. PATIENTS WHO SHOULD NOT BE TREATED:
- Patients with active cold sores or warts, skin with open wounds, sunburn, excessively sensitive skin, dermatitis or inflammatory rosacea in the area to be treated. Inform the esthetician if you have any history of herpes simplex
- Patients with a history of allergies to salicylates like aspirin, salicylic acid, lactic acid, retinol) or those who may be sensitive to any of the components in this treatment
- Patients who have taken Accutane® within the past year
- Patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding (lactating)
- Patients who have received chemotherapy or radiation therapy
- Patients with vitiligo
- Patients with a history of an autoimmune disease (such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, lupus, multiple sclerosis, etc.) or any condition that may weaken their immune system
*Note: Patients who have had medical cosmetic facial treatments or procedures (e.g. laser therapy, surgical procedures, cosmetic filler,microdermabrasion, etc) should wait until skin sensitivity completely resolves before receiving a SkinMedica Peel.
Dermal Filler Pre-treatment Instructions
DERMAL FILLERS (eg. Juvederm Ultra®, Vollure™, Voluma®, Volbella®)
- For one week before treatment, please avoid the following medications that may increase the risk of bleeding and/or bruising: Aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Aleve, Naprosyn, Excedrin (all OTC pain pills except Tylenol), Vit. E, Vit.A (RetinA, Renova, Tretinoin, Tazorac, Differin, Triluma), Gingko Biloba, Omega-3 fatty acids, cod liver oil, CoQ10, garlic and ginger.
- If you are taking any blood-thinning medications as per doctor’s orders (such as Coumadin, Warfarin, Plavix, Lovenox),do not discontinue without first consulting the prescribing physician. If you continue to take these medications the chances of developing an injection-related hematoma (blood clot) which can leave a dark spot if it becomes entrapped in the filler implant is higher. The dark spot may remain until the filler is naturally dissolved.
- Do not drink any alcohol 24-48 hours before treatment as this may also increase the risk of bleeding and/or bruising.
- Do not schedule any social events for the next 3-7 days as you may have bruising and/or swelling lasting this long or longer. You can cover up bruising with makeup.
- Arrive for your appointment wearing no makeup if possible. You will be able to apply makeup after your treatment although we recommend waiting at least 24 hrs.
Ultherapy Pre-Treatment Instructions
Three days (3) prior to your Ultherapy procedure, do not use topical products containing isotretinoin (e.g. Retin-A®, Renova,etc), glycolic acid, or salicylic acid, as these can irritate the skin
Gently wash treatment area with a mild cleanser. Do not apply any creams, lotions, foundation, powder or other products prior to treatment.
We advise to buy 800 mg of Advil, Motrin, or Ibuprofen one hour prior to procedure to help with the discomfort during the treatment.