COOL AS A CUCUMBER: No More Embarrassment with Excessive Sweat
Did you know that according to recent statistics, more than 3% of the American population (8 million people) suffer from excessive sweating: sweat that stains your clothing, ruins relationships and can complicate your business and social interactions. Imagine being decked out in your favorite summer dress…..sun-kissed hair and a megawatt smile….when all of a sudden you start to perspire, creating an embarrassing and awkward situation. This condition is known as hyperhidrosis and has been called by some as the “silent handicap”. This condition can occur under the arms, in the palms, or feet; however the good news is that this condition is treatable. And at Anand Medical Spa, we treat underarm perspiration with a simple treatment of Botox that lasts up to six months and can reduce sweating by as much as 90% or more. So you, too, can appear “cool as a cucumber”, confident and carefree for all of your Summer encounters!
REMOVING UNWANTED HAIR: No Downtime
Gone are the days with painful waxing treatments, razor stubble, and irritated skin. Although a normal amount of body hair provides insulation to the body, too much hair can also affect the “perfect look” that most women desire for the revealing clothes of Summer. Excess hair can be found on the legs, upper lip area, and sides of the face….however, the most common area is under the arms and in the bikini line, which can be easily treated with laser therapy. Any area where there is thick, dark coarse hair is an excellent area for laser hair removal, and has no downtime. Schedule your treatment early and be the first to hit the beach!
DATE TO BARE YOUR BEAUTIFUL DECOLLETE: One Treatment and No Downtime
Ever admire the smooth and wrinkle free decollete of a Kate Hudson or Sophia Vargara? More than any time of the year, your decolette is on display during the Summer months in sundresses, bathing suits and all matter of brief attire. So what to do if your chest has begun to show the signs of aging caused by sun damage and loss of collagen, revealing a wrinkled and crepey look on the chest, chin and neck? Enter Ultherapy, a favorite treatment approved by the FDA in 2014 to lift areas of loose, aged skin and treat fine lines and wrinkles in all of these affected areas.
SOME FINAL THOUGHTS ON YOUR BEST SUMMER EVER
Now that we have provided some tips for your “beauty tool chest”, here is my checklist for having a blast of a Summer
- Make Lots of Plans. Reconnect with friends, make plans with your significant other, and take some time off from work and consider traveling to a place you have never been to before. Also, make time for activities you love doing on your own…nothing like “me” time!
- Get Active. Enjoy the great out of doors: beach volleyball, long walks, Frisbee, biking. Good for your health and your psyche.
- Take Pictures. Create memories, share them with friends, and revisit your photos after the lazy days of Summer have passed.
- Keep it Simple. Dump the makeup, keep it to lip gloss and a sun protective product (see our chemical-free, tinted sunscreen below). Slick back your hair. Buy some cool clothes and accessories that suit your personality. And breathe!
- Work on Your Confidence. You are beautiful, blissful and confident. Walk as though you know it….and make this Summer your story!