Summer is finally here, but unfortunately, so are the harmful UV rays associated with skin damage. While fun in the sun should certainly be on your agenda for the season, there are a few precautions that we should take in order to keep our face looking smooth and beautiful both for the summer and years to come.
Here are my five easy tips for caring for your face this summer:
- Apply Sunscreen Regularly: Do not simply apply sunscreen just once in the morning; keep applying it throughout the day as it perspires off.
- Sunglasses: Protect your eyes and the delicate skin around them by wearing sunglasses with UV A & B protection. This will help to prevent unsightly crows-feet wrinkles around your eyes.
- Safe Tan: Rather than baking under the sun to achieve a tan, and thus putting yourself at risk for sun burns and skin cancer, opt for an organic spray tan that lasts over a week!
- Minimize Your Makeup and Moisturizer: Stick to the basics, such as light moisturizer such as the Ultra-sheer moisturizer from Skinmedica, and bronzer or blush to help your skin achieve that healthy, natural glow
- Hydrate: Drink at least eight glasses of water per day. This can also be calculated more accurately as half of your weight in ounces. If you weigh 120 lbs., then drink at least 60 ounces of water each day. This will nourish your cells and keep them plump and healthy.
About the Author:Dr. Sunanda Chugh is the Founder and Medical Director of Anand Medical Spa and has been practicing in NYC since 2004. She is a graduate of Cornell University and has completed her training at St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital/Columbia Presbyterian Hospital. Dr. Chugh has worked and trained with top Plastic Surgeons and Dermatologists in NYC. Her special interest on the effect of the aging process on the face and body inspired her to specialize in Aesthetic Medicine.