Did you know that Anand in Sanskrit means Bliss? I chose this as the name of my practice for a variety or reasons including the significance of it’s meaning to me and what I wanted the practice to represent. I do believe that looking good helps people feel more confident about themselves, but I also want to remind you not to forget to do things that truly nurture your soul so you feel as great as you look!
I understand that New Yorkers are very busy people that often feel they don’t have enough time to do things that truly bring anand to their lives as I was one of those people!
Here are a few examples of some things I did this past week that did not take up much time, but brought me bliss nonetheless!
My Tuesday Morning at Bryant Park
- 10 minutes of quite time at Bryant Park before I started my busy Tuesday morning
- Looking at some old videos of my niece and nephew on my iPhone on my way back from NJ this weekend
- Listening or dancing to my favorite songs while getting ready
- Calling up a close friend and catching up on my walk back home from work
- Sitting down for 10 minutes in peace and quiet, and enjoying my daily cup of green tea in between seeing clients
- Meeting friends and catching up while enjoying a cultural festival full of dance and music that I enjoy
- Stopping and literally “smelling the roses” on my way home
- Sitting at a small park next to my work, turning my phone off for 20 minutes, and having lunch there almost everyday this past week.
Who says you can’t have it all? I want to help you not only LOOK Great, but also FEEL GREAT!!!
-Dr. Sunanda Chugh
Like our Facebook page if you have not done so already. and share one thing that you will do this week to bring you happiness, and automatically get $50 off your next treatment!Share
About the Author:Dr. Sunanda Chugh is the Founder and Medical Director of Anand Medical Spa and has been practicing in NYC since 2004. She is a graduate of Cornell University and has completed her training at St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital/Columbia Presbyterian Hospital. Dr. Chugh has worked and trained with top Plastic Surgeons and Dermatologists in NYC. Her special interest on the effect of the aging process on the face and body inspired her to specialize in Aesthetic Medicine.