Did you know that Anand in Sanskrit means Bliss? I chose this as the name of my practice for a variety or reasons including the significance of it’s meaning to me and what I wanted the practice to represent. I do believe that looking good helps people feel more confident about themselves, but I also want to remind you not to forget to do things that truly nurture your soul so you feel as great as you look!
I understand that New Yorkers are very busy people that often feel they don’t have enough time to do things that truly bring anand to their lives as I was one of those people!
Here are a few examples of some things I did this past week that did not take up much time, but brought me bliss nonetheless!
My Tuesday Morning at Bryant Park
- 10 minutes of quite time at Bryant Park before I started my busy Tuesday morning
- Looking at some old videos of my niece and nephew on my iPhone on my way back from NJ this weekend
- Listening or dancing to my favorite songs while getting ready
- Calling up a close friend and catching up on my walk back home from work
- Sitting down for 10 minutes in peace and quiet, and enjoying my daily cup of green tea in between seeing clients
- Meeting friends and catching up while enjoying a cultural festival full of dance and music that I enjoy
- Stopping and literally “smelling the roses” on my way home
- Sitting at a small park next to my work, turning my phone off for 20 minutes, and having lunch there almost everyday this past week.
Who says you can’t have it all? I want to help you not only LOOK Great, but also FEEL GREAT!!!
-Dr. Sunanda Chugh
Like our Facebook page if you have not done so already. and share one thing that you will do this week to bring you happiness, and automatically get $50 off your next treatment!Share