As most people know, Botox is a safe and widely-used treatment to smooth and relax skin that has formed into unwanted wrinkles over time.
Did you know that Botox can be used to treat a lot more than just the obvious wrinkles of the face?
Here are the 7 Uncommon uses of Botox that are rapidly increasing in popularity!
1) Hyperhidrosis, otherwise known as excessive sweating, can easily be resolved with Botox injections and lasts from nine months up to a year. Don’t be embarrassed by that sweat patch any longer!
2) Eyebrow Lift, which givers clients the coveted “arched eyebrow” look and enhances the appearance of eyes by creating a more “awake,” youthful-looking face. “I recommend this one to all my patients,” says one doctor.
3) Facial Pain/Headaches caused by TMJ
– Your temporomandibular joint (TMJ) is the joint that allows you to open and close your mouth (and is a mouthful to say!). Due to grinding our teeth or clenching our mouth during periods of stress, the muscles that control our TMJ may spasm and cause pain in the jaw and lower face. Botox helps to alleviate the tension in these muscles, which relieves you of uncomfortable pain and restores your natural facial structure.
4) Peach Pit Chin, to decrease the appearance of dimples on the chin.
5) Bunny Lines, also known as “nose wrinkles,” which contribute to an older, tired, and wrinkled look on the surface.
6) Downturned Smile, Anand Medical Spa helps you turn that frown upside-down – literally!
7) Neck Bands, which are unsightly, loosened, or highly elastic parts of skin on the neck (maybe you had enough turkey at thanksgiving…thank you very much!). Botox helps to soften the appearance of horizontal and vertical bands and lines on the neck.
Do you want to learn more about the many uses of Botox available to you?
BOOK YOUR COMPLIMENTARY CONSULTATION
Take advantage of our HOLIDAY PROMOTIONS!
About the Author:Dr. Sunanda Chugh is the Founder and Medical Director of Anand Medical Spa and has been practicing in NYC since 2004. She is a graduate of Cornell University and has completed her training at St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital/Columbia Presbyterian Hospital. Dr. Chugh has worked and trained with top Plastic Surgeons and Dermatologists in NYC. Her special interest on the effect of the aging process on the face and body inspired her to specialize in Aesthetic Medicine.